How does Foundation Training improve a rider’s and their horses’ competitive edge?
The training program is for both the horse and the rider. Preparing both athletes for their sports activity both mentally and physically.
It’s a horse training program that picks up both the ability that the horse and rider have or don’t have in their training capabilities. The Foundation is built on giving the rider and horse a step by step structure and discipline to support all their future training aspirations and to assist in solving potential problems that may arise in the future.
The training program will provide the necessary exercises to work muscle structures which will allow the horse and rider to
- Can maintain correct head position giving lightness in the front end.
- Creating balance and centeredness.
- Giving more control of shoulders and hindquarters.
- Giving more impulsion.
- Our horse can be arranged and convinced to work in proper shape and frame.
We train our horses mind, not his mouth so our horse can comes to terms with the training method and becomes a willing partner, happily applying themselves to the task we ask of them.
The Rider and handler:
- We ask and expect our horse to change, to overcome his natural instincts. So too, the rider and handler must change equally, change and overcome some of their natural instincts.
- I haven’t met a rider or handler who doesn’t need to change their attitude and the way they think about themselves as a horsemen or horsewomen.
- It is up to the rider and handler to convince their horse that the training method will improve their horse’s life, both mentally and physically, which means a better deal has been offered to horse, one that empowers them, not enslaves them.
Through my Training Program, the rider and handler will learn:
- To change their human instincts and learn to let go – to overcome their fear.
- To learn and teach their horses how to think – to make them a 50-50 deal.
- To learn how to free up their bodies so as not to hinder their horses’ actions.
- To set their horse up for success, not Failure!
- To understand and improve the communication process between their horse and themselves.
- To improving their leadership skills which will earn their horse’s’ respect.
- Children demand that parents and adults be good leaders and if not they (the children) will take over. Our horses are the same.
- Horses respect leadership and will follow a good leader. If the rider or handler doesn’t lead because they don’t have the knowhow, their horse will take over and will do so without any thought for the humans feelings.
- A good leader knows how to allocate power in accordance to the team members’ skills and abilities with the end result being a united effort to obtain and fulfil goats.
To learn more about my training method and how the dance with your horse works, please see the video and link below, there on my VIMEO site you will find my ‘videos on demand’ training series, there you can buy or rent the training program as a download at a very reasonable price, also, I offer my series on high definition DVD’s for sale on ebay or my updated website which will be available soon… if you wish the purchase the DVD’s earlier, then I have a special offer for you, just reply to this post and I’ll send you the offer. I’ll let you know when my new site is available.
As always, I wish you all safe and happy riding, Shane